Free WordPress Theme – YAMINTH

Published on: Mar 04 2012 by Anli

Free WordPress Theme - YAMINTH

I just finished coding another wordpress theme that I’ll present today here on Azmind.com. It’s called YAMINTH (Yet Another Minimal Theme), it’s a free wordpress theme and, as you may notice from the name, it has a very minimal look. Since minimal design is very popular these days, I decided to create a wordpress theme with a modern and minimal style.

YAMINTH comes with light colors, dark footer, Google Web Fonts and jQuery fade in/fade out of images. It also has an Options Page so you can customize it as you like. You can set your logo, favicon, featured category, social networks links, advertising, etc. Let’s take a closer look to YAMINTH’s features.

Features

Header:

– WordPress 3.0 custom menu.

– Logo, advertising space (468 x 60) and social network links (Facebook, Twitter) that you can modify from the Options Page.

– Custom Favicon. You can insert the favicon url in the Options Page.

Content:

– Featured posts section with the last 4 posts from a featured category that you can choose in the Options Page.

– Posts shown in Excerpt View.

– Automatic generation of thumbnails (with TimThumb).

Comments:

– Threaded comments and Gravatar support.

Sidebar:

– Right widgetized sidebar.

– Advertising space that you can modify from the Options Page.

Footer:

– About Us space. You can set it in the Options Page.

– Latest Tweets. You can set your Twitter ID and the number of tweets you want to show from the Options Page.

– Newsletter subscription form. You can set your Feedburner ID from the Options Page.

Other Features:

– Google Web Fonts.

– jQuery fade in/fade out of images on mouse hover.

License

YAMINTH is released under the GNU General Public License version 3.0. You can use this theme in personal and commercial projects. But please refer to this page if you want to publish it somewhere else. I will also appreciate it very much if you don’t remove my link in the footer.

For jQuery use its license. The images used for the YAMINTH preview come from Desktopography.net.

Demo & Download

PREVIEW YAMINTH

DOWNLOAD: Free Wordpress Theme - YAMINTH (43642)

That’s all! Let me know what do you think about the YAMINTH theme and don’t forget to follow me on Facebook and Twitter for other updates and freebies. Enjoy!

Updates

07/11/2012: Twitter feed problem fixed.

Are You Looking for a Premium WordPress Theme?

Take a look at the Divi Theme:

Divi WordPress Theme

* Disclosure: The 2 links above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the Divi theme, I will receive an affiliate commission.

You Might Also Like

5 Best WordPress Coming Soon Themes and Landing Pages
16 Premium WordPress Themes For Your Online Portfolio
8 Best Premium Material Design WordPress Themes

137 Comments So Far

1. raivis says:

Great theme…

2. Notebook says:

simple but elegant theme, Dude 🙂

3. […] YAMINTH is a free theme with a modern and minimal look. […]

4. […] YAMINTH is a free theme with a modern and minimal look. […]

5. […] YAMINTH is a free theme with a modern and minimal look. […]

6. […] Pagina de lansare | Demo Share:EmailPrintArticole similare: […]

7. leisu says:

Hi, I’m trying to upload and get started with this theme, thank you for creating it, it’s lovely, but I cannot get the top links to pages to load at all (well they are old blue html and stacked)
    http://www.leisu.net to see it.

Hi leisu, thanks for using the theme!
      For the top links you have to create a custom menu and add the links you want. Go to the Admin Panel > Appearance > Menus and create the menu. Feel free to ask me if you have any other question.

• leisu says:

Thanks! that worked to fix that, but the row of 4 pictures that went under the logo (you have a hummingbird in yours) disappeared all together and i cannot get them back, so i think i’m giving up 🙁

This is because you probably haven’t selected a featured posts category. You can select one from the Admin Panel > Appearance > YAMINTH Options. Hope this will help!

8. leisu says:

it works! thanks you so much!!! thank you thank you!!!

9. mto says:

Hey Please Help Me! i couldn’t add image in featured area

how can i do this?

and thanks for this great theme !…

Hi,
      can you explain better what’s the problem? Do you mean you can’t add featured posts?

• mto says:

Noo!…
        i can add featured post but images don’t look in featured area

it is my site i can speak a little english you may look http://www.yeni1sey.com

I see that the images are hosted in an external site. The YAMINTH theme uses timthumb.php (for resizing images) that by default doesn’t allow images hosted on external sites.

You should try to upload the images on the same site. If you can’t (or you don’t want), tell me and we’ll try to customize timthumb and allow images from that external site.

10. mto says:

thanks a lot. You are the best!!!(:
    The Problem is solved.

Can you help me for redesing yaminth theme?
    example;
    i want to more ads in my site,more graffic,more colorfull
    my e mail fzt.m.dogan@gmail.com please contact with me

11. Connor says:

I love your theme, I think it’s great!

I was wondering, I installed the WordPress SEO plugin and I want to enable breadcrumbs…but I’m not sure where to the copy the code from Breadcrumbs into your theme???

Thank you in advance!

Thanks! Please give me the plugin’s homepage so I can try to understand how it works and figure out how to add the breadcrumbs.

12. Jantine says:

Hey! Just want to say a quick ‘thank you!’ for this theme – it’s really beautiful! I used it for my blog and it works very well and is easily customizable 🙂 Thanks again!

13. Kopertowki says:

Simply and clean. Starting download 🙂

14. Vittore says:

Hi all!

Thanks for this great theme!

Is there any chance to make a page with full width (without sidebar modules)

Thanks for answer

Thanks Vittore. For now the theme doesn’t support this feature. You have to modify it. Maybe in a future version I’ll add this functionality.

15. paula says:

Hi, I love your theme but I have one problem. When I set the Featured Image, it doesn’t work. The theme seems to set the FI automatically and it is always the first image from the post, not the one I have chosen, Please help.

16. Games says:

Thank you for this great theme!

17. Great looking theme! Clean and simple.. I wish I can use it on my non WP project.

18. Ru says:

Great theme! Perfectly suits a new blog/music label project i am putting together with a friend.

I’m having a problems with the featured images though. The site is 6squid.com and as you can see i am still using test posts, however the top bar featured images aren’t working for me. I have edited the categories in the options page to no avail.

I have also looked in the wp-content/uploads folder and timthumb is creating the thumbnail images (ie washed-out-150×150.jpg), but doesn’t seem to able to link back to it and display the image. The images are hosted on my own site.

Have you any ideas on what may be going wrong here? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for using my theme! As for the problem you’re having, I tried to open the image in a new tab (right click > open image in new tab) and timthumb gave the following error:

“Could not create the file cache directory.”

So I searched on Google and there were some solutions like this one: http://wordspop.com/forum/topic.php?id=496
      Try it and let me know.

• Ru says:

awesome! that worked. Thanks again for your kind assistance Anli, it’s very much appreciated.

You’re welcome. I’m happy it worked :).

• ru says:

the timthumb issue was just one of many i was having (thanks mostly to my hosting provider), so now i’m with site5 and everything is working smoothly so far…fingers crossed.

anyhoo, how would i go about editing the logo size? we’d like to be able to insert a logo with height of about 75 or 80 px. Could you help in informing me on editing the appropriate placeholder to take a different size logo?

thanks in advance

For changing the size of the logo you have to edit the “style.css” file.
        Find the line “#header {” and delete or comment this line “height: 190px;”
        Find the line “.logo {” and delete or comment this line “height: 50px;”
        Find the line: “.logo h1 a {” and insert the height that you want.

19. raffaele says:

Hi Anli,

very nice theme I like.
    How to improve and enhance it:

1) insert a one column page template
    2) insert a template page archives
    3) insert page sitemap
    3) insert Socializer for post and page
    4) micro format (iPhone, iPad, etc.).
    5) add feature to the post “read more”
    6) add a contact form

I think if the powers theme Yaminth you succeed!
    If I have any news I’ll let you know

20. Konstantin says:

Hi, great theme.
    But I can’t set this on my site.
    I choose it in list of all themes and see mistake like
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_theme_support() in /home/livedanc/domteatra.ru/www/wp-content/themes/YAMINTH/functions.php on line 4

Please help me

21. Konstantin says:

Hi, Anli.
    I have another question.
    Dont work function wp_nav_menu
    because of this top menu looks like this http://domteatra.ru/

Help me please

22. ru says:

Thanks again for your tech support on this Anli. Very much appreciated.

23. Marek says:

Hi Anli!
    I’m ashamed to bother You, but I’m already desperate. Love the theme, but the timthumb is not creating anything into the cache folder so the featured posts are without their thumbnails. As you can see here: http://www.pinkframe.cz
    I have the latest wordpress, timthumb.php ver2.0 and have tried this help: http://wordspop.com/forum/topic.php?id=496
    and this: http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/2010/11/timthumb-hints-tips/
    It would be great if you could help me. I don’t want any other theme. Yaminth just suits my needs so well!

24. Love the them, it’s absolutely beautiful, thanks!

I’m having trouble getting my Twitter feed to work, though; it says ‘Loading Tweets…’ but never actually loads. Any idea what might’ve gone wrong? Is there a plug-in or anything like that I need to install, to make it work?

25. peter says:

Hi Anli,
    Thanks for this theme, it’s really good!
    In the index page, I would like the single post content class to display more lines and that it does not truncate internet links (ie links remain clickable).

Is there a way to do this ?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Peter

Hi Peter,
      For displaying more lines open the “index.php” file, find this function “limits2(200, “”);” and enter a number greater than 200.
      For displaying the links you have to modify the “limits2()” function in the “functions.php” file.

• peter says:

Thank you very much for your prompt reply Anli. Greatly appreciated!

I knew there was something to do with”limits2()”. I tried, but to be honest, I have absolutely no idea what to modify to display links. Any advice?

Cheers,
        Peter

Peter, I usually charge for customization work as you can see here: http://azmind.com/services/
        The theme is free and I’ve already put a lot of hours of work in it.
        Though, I’ll try to make it display the links. But, I can’t put a lot of time on this, I have to prioritize paid work.

26. Anne says:

Hi,

I’m new to WordPress. How can I upload this theme? Many have told me FTP does not work with WordPress.

27. Mike says:

Hello! Was testing out this theme – looks great. Haven’t used it yet because I’m not sure how the featured images work… I don’t see a way to select featured images, instead pictures within the post are automatically used as the featured. Is there an easier way to select a featured image? Thanks.

Hi Mike, the theme doesn’t support featured images. Maybe I’ll add this functionality in the next version.

• Mike says:

Would be awesome if you do! I will check in once in awhile to see if it is ever added in an update. In the meantime I will still be using this theme. Thanks a lot!

• Mike says:

Great, thanks a lot! Went a head and started using this theme. Was wondering, how do I get rid of the word “ADVERTISING” on the side bar?

You can add your advertising code from the Yaminth options page. Or you can just remove the advertising section from the “sidebar.php” file.

28. Jiten says:

Thanks for the theme !

Do you have any dummy data .xml file foe this theme?

29. asif says:

you made my day…great theme…keep up the work

30. Victoria says:

Great Theme!
    Thanks a lot for the quick suport!

31. Chris Danner says:

Hi! Great theme! One little problem. The more link doesn´t work. Could you give me a hint? Greetings Chris

32. Nicole~ says:

I have a few questions;

In the theme preview you have your blog post excerpts showing up under the thumbnails. How would I get these to display on my home page?

Also, when I click on my Blog page it tells me I have no posts. How could this be? They are showing up in the thumbnails.

This looks like a nice theme – I’m just trying to work through a few issues.

The site I am testing is at satori-now.com

• Nicole~ says:

I figured out why my posts were not showing up but I’m still unsure of how to get the post excerpts on the home page. Are you using a plugin?

No, I’m not using a plugin.
        In your site you are using a custom page as home page. The theme doesn’t have a custom page as homepage, it just shows the blog.
        If you want to use another page on home page other than the blog, you have to create a custom page template.
        What do you want to show on home page?

33. Nicole~ says:

Okay then. I have that fixed. Can you tell me why my images are so big? I would just like to post excerpts showing up as they are on the sample page.

If you want to show post excerpts as in the demo, don’t use a custom page as home page.
      For the images try adding this code in the “style.css” file:

.single-post-image a img {
      max-width: 600px;
      }

34. Kevin says:

Great theme, thank you very much for creating it. I have two questons/issues I am trying to resolve:

1. Can’t get embedded videos to show home page. They will show on the post page with only the text on the homepage.

2. The links in the post content don’t show on the homepage.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Kevin,
      This version of the theme doesn’t support videos on homepage, it just shows the first image of the post.
      As for the links, to keep the theme clean and minimal, when I was creating this theme I decided to show a certain number of words for each post and to not show the links.
      Maybe in the next versions I’ll add these features.

• Charles B says:

What would it take to get videos to appear as part of the excerpt on the blog main page? I am absolutely in love with this theme, but showing videos on the main blog feed is crucial to my site! Thank you so much!!!!!!

Charles

• Charles B says:

Also, my “recent tweets” are not loading. I just downloaded the theme a couple days ago so I assume I have the most recent version?

Thanks again. So much!

I’ll check the recent tweets soon, it seems they are not working on my site too.
        As for the videos, I’ll keep it in mind when I’ll release the next version of the theme.

35. charlie says:

Any tutorial on how to get this to work – http://awesomescreenshot.com/03611ive84 its not showing on my part and the theme don’t seem to have post thumbnail option or Featured Thumbnail? any tutorial on how to do this? thank you for sharing your awesome theme

You can set the featured posts category from the theme options panel. Just insert a category name.
      As for the featured thumbnails, the theme doesn’t support them. I’ll add them in the next version.

36. Good work, I wanted to ask you some questions before because I was facing some challenges when I was trying to upload the theme in one of my blogs but through the teaching you gave to some people here, I was able to upload it perfectly. Its very simple, beautiful & a meaningful theme. Thanks alot

37. janie says:

i love the template! the only thing i am having trouble with is adding space between paragraphs. gone through css and changed so many margins with no luck. please point me in the right direction?

38. kenny says:

im using your theme, i justb want to know how can i remove the opacity when then mouse hover on image.

I also installed a portfolio slider plug-in but when i use it the image on the homepage is not apperaring. Pls help

39. Pranjal says:

Wow, one of the best free themes I had seen today,

40. Sb. says:

beautiful theme , thank you anli . testing it locally with my plugins , looking for a upload soon. help me with an issue . all the new sidebar plugins i installed .they are slight left aligned than the default plugins. help me out how to set the new plugins alignment , same as defaults have.i want all them in a straight line. thank you.

41. Hussein says:

Hi, thanks for the nice template, i have downloaded it but i cant find where to add it on my control panel, i am using the free wordpress site, is it applicable? help please.

42. Deepali Jain says:

Hi Anli,

I just downloaded this theme. I really like the fact that it is simple & I can customize many things. I write a food blog currently on wp.com & moving to org with your theme. But all widgets are more left aligned there by overlapping with my images & text. It is looking chaotic, can you advise what I am doing wrong?

43. Andres says:

Hi, thanks for this theme. I’m very new to wordpress. I’m having problems with the featured posts section. I tried changing the file permissions with the ftp software and no luck.

I’ve been doing several tests, you can check the site tests here:

I want to insert vimeo videos on posts and a few images so that the first image I use shows up as a featured post, but it doesn’t work. The posts onthe homepage show without any image and the images also doesn’t show up on the featured posts section.

Check the post called “Cumpleaños Fabi Ortega – 1 año” it has several images.

Please help me with this, I really like the theme.

• Andres says:

Since I wasn’t getting any reply I had to change the theme to another I could make it work. Hope to get a reply from you any time soon to see if I go back to your template.

44. Great Theme! Thanks!

45. myweddecor says:

Hi Azmind, I’m using this template, but I got it in one web yesterday and it’s blogger theme, I like it but some element didn’t work correctly, could you tell me how to fix it? please review my blog. seedsoc.blogspot.com

46. Arunas says:

Hello,
    How can I change Latest Tweets widget on footer to Calendar or New comments widget ? In my country Twitter is not popular so I do not need it on my site.

47. In phong bi says:

I have a blog previously developed with the az-simple template, and recently it has problems with the images visualization. Do you know if it has any relation with the last upgrade of WordPress?

48. Evgeniy says:

Good afternoon. Great Theme! Thanks!
    Help please:
    Question 1 – How do I set a few the categorys in the “Featured Posts Category”, if that is possible?
    Question 2 – How do I make a random selection of posts from the category is written in “Featured Posts Category”, not the last four?

Example:
    Category1: post6, post5, post4, post3, post2, post1
    (Featured Posts Category/Category1) – now: post6, post5, post4, post3
    (Featured Posts Category/Category1) – need: every time random

Tell me how to do this, I assume need to make changes to timthumb.php?

49. Giulia says:

The featured post doesn’t work 🙁 i need help. I have created the articol but there isn’t image in the featured post 🙁 why?

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.